Monday, July 2, 2012

Diurnally challenged


It is nine in the morning, and I have a massive headache. Once again, I stayed up all night doing trivial things on the internet and now I am suffering for it. Tremendously.

My father even gave me a small lecture this morning because he caught me in my room, still wide awake with no intentions of going to sleep, while he was already up and about and getting ready to go to work. I don't know why, but I really have trouble going to sleep at night. I don't think it's insomnia per se because I have no trouble sleeping once the sun is up. Was I just not meant to be diurnal?

I suppose it's the night itself. Living in a house full of seven people can get pretty loud sometimes, so the calmness of the time when everyone else is asleep gives me an opportunity to actually hear my own thoughts. And boy, do I have thoughts.

But this is really starting to mess with my body. I've been feeling fatigued all week, and my face is turning pallid. So tonight, I shall do my best to turn in before midnight strikes. I really think I could use the sleep, and hey, maybe my body clock will go back to normal. For now, I shall force myself not to take a nap because that'll just screw with my plans for later. I think I'll just take a long cold shower to get my blood pumping.

Til later. Ciao.

P.S. Remind me to turn the internet off tonight. Can't have it sabotaging my sleeping plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come at me, bro!