Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wi-Fi down: my life is over


Okay, so our internet has been down for about a week now, and I've been living off a totally unreliable portable broadband stick. I know, I should have taken this internet-less time to do things other than what I have been on my computer, but the truth of it is... I don't really want to.

We've all heard the jokes about the "loser" gamer geek who spends most of his days in front of a computer, living his life online and stowing away his social skills under a moldy pile of pizza boxes. Essentially, that is my life right now. I wake up, check my emails, post a tweet or two (or eight), then go down to join my family for lunch. After I've eaten my fill, I go back up to my bed to repeat aforementioned process, with 9Gag and DListed thrown in for good measure, until it’s time to eat supper again. Then it’s back to the computer where I'll do the same things over and over again, til my dad wakes up for work, and I have to sleep so I can avoid a scolding.

Yes, that is my life.

I haven't even left the house in two weeks. I might have forgotten how to talk to other people too. It's not exactly the high octane life I'd imagined for myself, but I can't say I'm complaining either. I'm in a good place right now, believe it or not, and I'm surrounded by good people. So before you click your tongue and feel sorry for me, let me just say, don't. It's not so bad here.

It's not so bad.

P.S. If you were wondering, I managed to accomplish my sleep plan last night. I slept at 11 pm, and woke up at 8 this morning. I've never felt more rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come at me, bro!