Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Up All Night with the boys who broke my heart


I think I may cry. Last night, British boyband sensation One Direction bid adieu to their first headlining tour in the US, "Up All Night", by having their final show in Tampa, Florida. The boys reportedly became very emotional during their final performance, with Harry Styles and Niall Horan sharing a very tearful embrace on-stage. After the show, Niall even took to Twitter to express his gratitude to their fans or "Directioners", as they are referred to, for sticking with them this past year.

That's when I lost it.

Seeing "Up All Night Tour", "UAN", and "#BestUpAllNightTourMoments" as trending topics on Twitter really irked me. Not because I'm not a fan of the boys, but because I was really bitter that the Philippines and the entire continent of  Asia, for that matter, were completely overlooked for their concert dates. I found it really unfair because 3 of the 6 countries that got their album to number 1 were in Asia, and their highest DVD tour sales were in Asia as well. The Official One Direction Fan Club in the Philippines was also the first EVER fan club to host a fan party, and the ONLY club to have a fan magazine published nationally. So I guess my question to One Direction is, what gives?

Now I'm not fooling myself into thinking that the band members themselves have any say regarding their concert venues, but the aformentioned statistics SHOULD give their management a clue that they have a huge following in places other than America, Australia, and the United Kingdom. There's a whole wide world beyond those countries, people. Think about that.

Now with this UAN tour out of the way, the boys are gearing up to produce their sophomore album, with plans of a new single to be released by September, and another headlining tour in 2013. So far, no dates have been confirmed in Asia AGAIN, but I am still hoping that Simon Cowell will get his head out of his ass and give US a taste of 1D.

If they ever do come to the Philippines, I hope they perform more than once and in places other than Manila. I know the PH isn't as big as the US, but international acts really need to learn that Manila is only one city in a country composed of 7107 islands.

That'll be the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come at me, bro!